Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bandwagon crashed! What the...


So I finished Ascend by Amanda Hocking... and all I can say is What the BEEP! She took the novel in a completely different way than I had expected...Congrats to her...really, BUT I WANTED (SPOILER*****) Finn and Wendy to be together! AND THEY DON'T GET TOGETHER IN THE END! THEY MOVE ON! Every one's happy, yaddah yaddah...

Third and final book in the Trylle Trilogy.

With a war looming on the horizon, Wendy’s fate seems sealed.

But everything she sacrificed might be in vain if she can’t save the ones she loves.

Her whole life has been leading up to this, and it’s all coming to an end.

My rants over. I promise.

OK. The third book starts three months after the second. (Its really hard to write about the third in a series because you can't give things away!) Wendy's father, who is still threatening Wendy and her soon to be kingdom, is on a mission. He kills a lot of innocent people and Wendy who is very much attached to her kingdom, palace, and friends struggles through the whole novel, trying to figure out away to kill her father who is said to immortal. I was really curious as to how Hocking was going to do it, but she uses a subtle incident Wendy has a few times and makes it work...yes it has to do with her abilities.

Three names: Tove, Finn, and Loki - that's all I am going to write.

Some quick thoughts
Hocking reminds you that your first love isn't always forever (but I rather like it in books)
Willa is a great and loyal friend
Elora not a cold-hearted bee-yatch...surprisingly loving, which made me happy for Wendy
Would have liked to have seen more on Elora and Thomas - SCANDAL
The ending came on too fast for my taste
The epilogue sums up what happened to all characters - which I love.
3.5/5

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book, or series. :( Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :) Sounds like quite a surprise to it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a huge surprise!!! I emailed you back, so you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you flew through this series didnt you?! :)haha! i'm sorry Finn and Wendy didnt get to be together! i know what that feels like.... ever read the hunger games trilogy? i just finished the last book today and let me say that i am very much disappointed. Anywho, i'll let you know what i think when i start this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did fly through it! Do you know what is sad? I have yet to read The Hunger Games series! Should I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesss! please do, I know for a fact you'll enjoy it, but that last book... eh, lets just say im losing tons of sleep over it. Let me know if you start the series! i love having our lil book discussions :)haha!

    ReplyDelete