Monday, July 4, 2011

Passion by Lauren Kate


"Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have chosen me. Forever."

Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever

I really liked Fallen. I thought Torment was decent. I thought Passion was a filler. I feel we could have summed up the whole book in four chapters and made book four a really long book 3. I feel like I am being really harsh but I felt the plot could have been more action packed. It literally is just a time travel of Daniel's and Luce's love, which in Book 1, I was all about. But you can only read about her bursting in flames before that torrid, romantic story, becomes a tiny flame, that barely radiates heat.

I will also tell you that I was really annoyed with Luce. She went back in time because, if you remember in book 2, she had her doubts about Daniel. Um, hello, he's an angel... a little bit of faith please? I knew in Book 1, that he loved her. It WAS INCREDIBLY CLEAR in book 2, and in three at about 200 pages in, she finally gets it. Talk about dense... I feel bad for Daniel who picks her above all else, and that's not a hyperbole.

There were some good points that make me hopeful for Book 4, such as: Cam's allegiance or truce to the cause, the appearance of Satan, the fact that Luce actually gets that Daniel loves her.

One thing I really liked, even though I kind of complained about it earlier, is the time travelling. I like How L.K. comes up with authentic and different scenes for Luce to travel to, like Globe theater and a Chinese Dynasty. That was cool.

Some quick thoughts:
I think Cam is sexy...and he was once in love?!?! - I actually prefer him over Daniel
I thought Satan would be ...well...meaner...he is the devil after all...
I thought the prologue was the best part
Aztec love affair- scary!
Major show down coming on in book four.
I would have liked to have seen the other angels search for Luce.

3 comments:

  1. I'm hearing lots of mixed reviews about this one...seems like there is some good but also some bad or not satisfying mixed in. But your review was thoughtful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw 'Passion' in the bookstore a couple times this week and had to physically pull myself away from the store so I wouldn't buy. Actually, I haven't even finished reading 'Fallen' yet so I'm very behind...eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. best quote from this review!!
    --she had her doubts about Daniel. Um, hello, he's an angel... a little bit of faith please?--
    loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete