Friday, July 1, 2011

Tgif, Hop, and Follow


Who's ready for the weekend?! I know I am! I'm introducing a new feature for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts & to propose a question for my followers. Feel free to get involved by linking up at the bottom. If not, I'd love to read your responses in the comments. Thanks!
Link up over at Greads.

This Friday's Question:

Mr & Mrs: Who are your favorite book couples?

(In no particular order)
Jace and Clary from the Mortal Instrument book - I knew from the beginning there was no way they were related... and let's face it; he's hott.

Rose and Dimitri - The Vampire Academies - OMG I love his "it's not right" and her "Doing it anyway" attitude.

Rose and Adrian - The Vampire Academies - I know -I have her above, but Adrian was willing to change for her and he was a little dysfunctional - my heart broke for him in the end...and lets face it they had some hott scenes too.

Jack and Schyuler from Blue Bloods - I love them together. I love how they defy history to be together.

and my last

Will and Tessa - is anyone surprised by this one that knows me? from the Infernal devices series. He's the boy with the secrets and past and she's the good girl who can't stay away even though she knows she should.



Q. ACK! Your favorite book/movie character (example Hermione Granger played by the Emma chick) just walked into the room! Who is it and what would be your first reaction? You get extra points if you include visual stimulation.


A. Edward Cullen in Twilight - I remember sitting in the movie theater on the day it came out with a few of my students and just about died when he walked into the cafeteria in the movie. And my reaction would be: stare, open and close my mouth like a guppy, and then try and get a normal picture, and pray someone takes a picture :)

Book Blogger Hop

What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you want to stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf?


Also, my giveaway for a pre-order of Clockwork Prince is still available. Look for it under my June list of blog - it's for my 100th follower!

15 comments:

  1. I'm just now listening to the first Mortal Instruments book, and I have to agree; Jace a Clary are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about the open mouthed stare - LOL Happy #FF Parajunkee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack & Schuyler! I love those two! And Will & Tessa is more of a wish than a couple :P (I'm hoping that's how it ends up, too)

    TGIF!!
    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I keep reading a book. It's not the story. It's not the characters. I really don't know!

    I'm hopping by to tell you that I've got a wonderful giveaway going on at my blog, Readerbuzz. It's international! During the Readerbuzz July Giveaway I'll be giving away a $25 Amazon gift card! I'd love to have you stop in and throw your name in the hat to win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Edward! Nice choice :) Here's my FF!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to say that I'm more like a Jacob kind of gal :) Haha! Still a great choice on your part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JACE AND CLARY!!! Sorry, I got a little enthusiastic there, I just adore Jace:) He's delicious. As is Dimitri. You have some mighty fine choices on that list! I'm a new follower here from the hop, and I look forward to reading some of your reviews! Have a great weekend:)

    Jenny @ Supernatural Snark
    www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old follower, hopping by! I remember the first time I watched Twilight as well and it was like every teenage girl in the theater started cheering as he walked into the cafeteria. Good memories! Happy reading :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God it's Friday! Awesome answers, and I can totally imagine you going speechless when Edward Cullen came on the screen. Me? I laughed. ><

    http://watercolormoods.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-and-book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are absolutely right! A confusing or bad plotline just does me in (and I used to feel that I had to keep reading every.single.review book until it was done, and now ... well, if the writing just reeks, or if the story doesn't catch me within the first 50 pages or so, I just don't keep reading).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I'd go back and forth between wanting Edward and Rob to walk in the room.
    And I know what you mean about choose both Rose and Dimitri and Rose and Adrian.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following back from Follow Friday. I love how you would react to Edward!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am your newest GFC. My answer to the hop question.

    I started reading a book the last month and it was suppose to be a very good book. But after giving it a couple of chapters I just couldn’t get into it. I put the book aside to read another day. I don’t like to do that because I feel as if my mind might have had too many distractions and I didn’t give the book a chance. So I always try to wait for another day to give it another go. I have so many other books calling to me from my to-be-read list that it can really be distracting. READ ME! READ ME!
    I prefer reading and reviewing Christian Fiction but I do read a varity of other books. I just can’t handle too scary or gory. Suspense and Mysteries I like. No explicit adult books either if I do find one I really want to read I just skip over the x-rated stuff. So what genre do I read?

    http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love JACK! he would probably be my favorite book boyfriend :) definitely swoon worthy!

    ReplyDelete