Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa



My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.


I feel very reminiscent to Amanda Hocking's Tyrlle series. I liked the first book. I loved the second book. I was thrown completely off track with the third book. WHAT THE BEEP. Seriously.  I know. I just posted about how I like to make my readers feel and typically make them cry, but really, Ms. K., what are you doing to me?

I loved this book's beginning, for the simple fact I got to see Ash and Meghan develop as a couple. Ash's ice starts to melt away, and we get to see a human side of him, jealous, territorial, soft. Meghan, hurts his feelings a lot, and I am not a fan of that, but it is realistic. After this book, I know for sure I am more attached to the males in this book than Meghan. At the end, I was more upset for Ash and Puck than Meghan.

I really would like to have seen more of Oberon and Mab. Did anyone notice that Mab was supposed to be all icy and she was nicer than Oberon?

So what is my beef with Meghan? Well the fact everyone calls her Meghan Chase. Also, her character, abruptly changes in this book. She was meek, mild, and building to being strong and then it was like WHACK - huge revelation (that I must have missed in the book) and she was all Xena Warrior Princess. I knew she was getting stronger, but it was too rushed for me.

A character I have not paid enough attention to is Grim. I do see the Cheshire Cat, but

Also, I know I am all Team Ash, but I really love Puck. I mean he's funny, he has great comedic timing in the worst situations, to make me go "heh" and smile. I think he really loves Meghan as much as Ash does. I think in other stories where the best friend loves the girl to, its more like: we spend a lot of time together and you're pretty, so I love you - don't date the other guy". With Puck, I think it's genuine. Can I be on both teams?


Also my Fallin' into Books Hop is going on! Stop in and see what others are offering up! It is just below this post!!



3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite series of all time! I hope you love The Iron Knight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Meghan went from being this typical average girl (one we can all relate to) to this super goddess warrior overnight. Now that i think about it, it was rushed.

    And YES! I want to be on both teams too! i started out being puck, then went to ash, but then wanted to go back.

    ugh. can't we just have them both? *sigh*

    Girl, I love reading your reviews! :)
    ps. I loved Xena.... just throwing that out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liza - I am excited for the iron Knight! I got it coming in Netgalley

    D- I am torn, but when it boils down to it... i love ren...I feel a need to make a shirt

    ReplyDelete