Friday, September 2, 2011

The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegan

Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger—she is an Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx’s biggest threat.

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he’s finally found the girl he’s been searching for: Sasha.

With the threat of Eryx always looming, Jax knows he has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?

I loved it. I thought it was a new fresh story line. It's based around biblical stories and faith. It did have a few things that I felt needed more of an explanation, but overall a great read.

Sasha is a great character. She's very special as the daughter of Eve and Aurora (One of those things I wished for more knowledge about) and completely pure at heart. She's a very sweet side, no compassionate is the word but she just a 17 year old girl at heart. She has insecurities about boys, desires, the need to be accepted, and loves to shop.

Jax. Hello handsome. Jax is a son of Hell and has a really dark side, which we don't really get to see. We see the side of him that is always trying to win and woo Sasha. I get that Jax isn't supposed to show Sasha the dark side of him, but the book is told from both of their perspectives so there was opportunity for the reader to see him rip some apart or unleash some unbridled rage. Sadly, his rage in the book comes across as an overprotected, jealous boyfriend, but I do not believe that is how it is supposed to come across.

In reality, love at first sight, isn't real. There are some hella strong physical reactions to people and there are def. instant, strong connections, but love takes time to build, sometimes it does happen quick, but not instantly. But I am a girl. I love the idea of love at first sight. (Raise your hand if you are a hopeful romantic?) I think it is one of the reasons that I love paranormal and supernatural. Anything can happen in this genre so why not love at first?****SPOILER*** highlight to see it. Sasha and Jax don't fall in love at first sight, but they do within the week of meeting and for this genre, it works.
To be a Skia, you have to give up your soul. There are too many characters that cave to this in the story that throughout the book seem strong, but in the end give their soul. With one of the characters, I get it is a moment of desperation, but the two other ones, no. I don't get why. I needed more information.

A few more awesome points - the kissing scenes (refer back to the hopeful romantic question.) I liked Phoenix the best out of the brothers. They talk about M and Lucifer a lot but I wish I could have "met" them more. But I heard there is a sequel! WOOOOOWHOOOO! OK i have myself under control. The ending almost brought me to tears.

It was a great read, long but I read it in a day. Pick it up!

Want an awesome contest? Check out Unabridged Andra's 400 follower giveaway - Maybe she can hit 1000?

4 comments:

  1. Great review, it makes me want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one. I just came over from Kate Walton's blog. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!!


    I am your 200th follower!! From the campaign!!

    with warm regards
    Another Author

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've won me over. will definitely be adding this one to the list. love your review. you can tell you really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete