Friday, October 28, 2011

Love Only Once by Johanna Lindsey - mini review



The Malorys
A family of dashing rogues and rakehell adventurers -- and ladies of uncommon beauty and incomparable spirit -- their amorous exploits are spoken of in envious whispers from Regency London to America′s shores.
Love Only Once
The exquisite niece of Lord Edward and Lady Charlotte Malory, Regina Ashton is abducted by Nicholas Eden -- an arrogant seducer hardened by a painful secret from his past.
Reggie has vowed to marry the golden-haired rogue who has besmirched her good name--and who arouses her womanly desires to an unendurable level. But her beauty only stirs Nicholas′s passion--giving rise to dangerous misunderstandings. . .and a love that can live only once in a lifetime.


I am a huge Lindsay fan. In fact the Malory family series is one of my favorite. I find myself always giggling at the antics this family does. I am slowly re-reading the series. The first one is the introduction of Regina Ashton, the niece of the Malory brothers (handsome and charming all four of them). Regina is special to me. She is the perfect definition of an imp (in a good way) and takes her family seriously and loves fiercely.

Introduce Nicholas Eden. Rake. Handsome. With a secret. He compromises Reggie's reputation and though he desires her more than anyone, marriage is something he is not willing to consider, for personal reasons, but he doesn't count on the weight of the Malory family. He is forced down the isle and somewhere in there they fall in love - I know shocking in a romance novel - but can't seem to get on the same page. Nicholas is so worried Reggie will judge him. Reggie is sure he will never want her again because of her uncles.

It's a great read

2 comments:

  1. Oh it sounds like a great read. I haven't read this one though I enjoy Johanna Lindsey. This is one I definitely want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Malory-Anderson Series! You will fall in love with the characters. I hope to see more additions to the series in the future. This was the first book in the series and I loved the introduction to the Malory family. Reggie was such a lovable character, and the introduction of her uncles was perfect. My favorite in the series is book 2.

    Penelope
    website

    ReplyDelete