Monday, October 10, 2011

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
I had been waiting to see Patch again for some time... but I will tell you that I was super nervous when Nora couldn't remember the last five months of her life - IE. No Patch?! AHHHHHH - don't worry it doesn't play out that way.

So Nora wakes up in a cemetery, remembering nothing and when she finally gets back with her mom, she finds out mom is dating HANK MILLAR. AHHHH, but Nora only feels like something is off. And some other people like Vee and Mom don't seem to remember certain things like: Patch, Rixon, Scott, among other things. It's really odd, leads you to believe that mind erasing has happened.

Then, Nora meets Jev  - AKA PATCH! sigh - It's a relief to see him again, and slowly he begins to flirt with Nora, though she doesn't know why she is so drawn to him for being a stranger in her eyes. I will say there is more Nora/Patch one on one in this one than in the previous installment and Patch is all about Nora with no tricks. It was great to see.

Hank Millar - Holy schemer and plotter. This man - mastermind - congrats to him.

I hate Marcie

A few things I didn't like - well, i felt like there was holes. Like Detective Bassco - Nora has a really off feeling about him, but then we don't see him again, at all. Vee wasn't a huge part of this story and I missed her - but with Nora coming back, I thought they would be inseparable. Nora's dad showed up in Cresendo, but he doesn't appear. Dabria shows up - seems to love Patch but not half as nasty as she was in the first one. Then Nora seems to get her memory back in one scene but I am not sure she really did or is just using memories she stole from Patch...  - All things minor in the world of Hush, Hush.

Pst... hear the rumors of a fourth book? It's true.

8 comments:

  1. Aaaah! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to read this! (Bummer about the gaps in the story). And hooray there's a fourth one? I'll take another helping of Patch, thank you very much. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read this, I haven't yet and I need to get it, and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this over the weekend. It's a much better read than Crescendo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm moving this one further up the ever-growing TBR list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fourth book in the series? Any ideas on a release date?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a keeper - but if you haven't figured it out yet, I am biased when it comes to Patch.
    @Shirley - Next year at this time... yeah a full year. Do you think these authors do this to us on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally need to get my hands on this one... good to know there will be a fourth :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't very happy with the forth book news :( I was expecting to finally have some closure between Patch and Nora.... now I have to wait a whole 'nother year? Seriously? That's just cruel.

    On a brighter note, I'm happy to hear there's more of Patch/Nora... and I've also heard he's more open... like "lovey dovey" open?! is it true? Here's to hoping *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete