Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally


What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.

As most of you know, I am a paranormal junkee. I like things to be off in the worlds that I read about. A little chaos, maybe throw in a fairy, take out the US, give everyone a really weird gene, I'm a happy girl. But there was something about this cover that I was like: Hey, I like that. And then I found out the girl is 6 feet and a football quarterback. It took me right back to my high school career where I wanted to play football. I never did, but I am telling you as a freshman, I could whoop a few of the guys.

My favorite aspect of this book may seem trivial to others, but I think it is what made me really enjoy the book and think it was realistic. I like how Jordan and her group of teammates talked and bantered with one another. They swore, made some crude comments, and acted like a high school team. For those of you who hate that kind of stuff, it is not, by any means, overwhelming. I also liked how several of Jordan's best friends were super protective of her. I had a few guy friends that were that way and again, it made it more realistic in my head.

Jordan is a teenage girl in all aspects. She is confident in one aspect of her life, not in another, figuring out the whole guy thing, and chases her dreams. She is extremely likable, even if she doesn't have fangs.

The ending - I will say this type of fiction to me is easy to guess. I know how it will end. Um, no. Wait. I didn't. Nice TWIST! Point Kenneally.

It was a good read!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I wasn't too curious about this one until recently, but now I really think I want to read it. I especially love that you couldn't guess the ending because you're right - all too often, you can!

    Molli | Once Upon a Prologue

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was such a fun and cute read! super jealous of your protective guy friends... wish I had some of my own :)haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Molli you should read this!!! It was a great change of pace for me.
    D! I miss you. You need me to come to Cali? I'll beat people up for you!

    ReplyDelete