Saturday, August 25, 2012

Shadows by Jennifer Armentrout

The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself

Shadows was my extra for the JLA-Read-A-Thon. 

I am typically not a fan of a short prequel. Not because I think they are bad, I just get used to a full story, and when an author does a .5, I don't feel complete. Shadows was good. Much better than any other .5 that I have read. 

I actually think I like Bethany better than Katy - No one throw anything at me. Don't get me wrong, I like Katy, but Bethany I think had a little more bad ass in her than Katy. 

When it came to Dawson - I kept picturing Daemon as a nice, non-smart ass and it was weird in the beginning. It took me a little bit to really connect that though I was still imagining the same person, but JLA did a great job distinguishing the personalities. It's one of those things, someone who is loud and obviously tough is scary, but the quiet ones are the ones you have to watch out for and I feel that is what Dawson is. Everyone expects Daemon to make bad choices, they expect him to be wayward, and they expect him to be a fighter. I got the feeling that no one expected Dawson to go balls to the wall for Bethany.  Dawson was so warm, and open with Bethany. He liked her. He was going to show her. That was it. No games. I don't like games.

Damn you DOD. Damn you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment