Monday, October 8, 2012

What's your book club like?

Several of my friends and I started a book club. It is something I have been meaning to do. I love the blogging world and twitter world, and how I have some awesome conversations with people. I also love the freedom that comes with having space between you and the person. You don't have that concern how people will react to you.

But at the same time, it does lack the personal touch - the face to face contact time - and that's what I wanted to gain through my book club. 

There are six of us - Nikki, Bre, Jen, Linda, Michelle, and me 
We picked Gone Girl by Jillian Flynn - something a little out of every one's comfort box
We meet at someone's house - mine was the first - Nikki's is next 
We said that if you don't want to have the group at your house - we can have it at a place - like a winery (lots of wineries by us)
The person "hosting" that week has to provide food, the others have to bring their own drinks
We picked Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock for our next book.
We are meeting the first Thursday of every month

We need - a name (bc lets be honest - I like to make shirts) and "rules" about the books (like size, who selects, genre)

What about your book club? What are your rules? What are the things you know work for you? Got any ideas of a name?



No comments:

Post a Comment