Monday, November 19, 2012

The Vincent Boys Abbi Glines

I finally read it.

I've been focusing a lot on writing lately. I've got the bug - well actually - I have a 9 month bug - due in June! So, while I've been writing, reading has fallen to the weigh-side because man, am I sleepy.

Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him.
Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he’s been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, Beau knows he should say no.
Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It’s getting way too hard to resist...

I thought this was a great book. It was fast-paced. It was realistic when it came to how a summer moves, days and nights. I cannot stand it when time doesn't move right in a novel. I thought this one was great.

Let's start from the beginning, I was surprised by how the novel started immediately with Beau and Ashton. It was nice not having an introduction chapter - bam! I'm smack in the middle of Ashton's crush that she should not be having. It's funny - while I normally feel bad for the guy who gets the boot in the love-triangle, I was annoyed with Sawyer the whole time. I was aggravated that Ashton felt she wasn't good enough, she had to be a certain way for him. I think it is because I have seen this in reality - and it's unacceptable. Beau won me over because he wanted Ashton to be Ashton.

Nicole - Beau's girlfriend - or whatever - I was friends with that girl in high school. While Nicole looks like a bitch in the book - that girl is fun to party with. What? She is.

Beau's and Ashton's relationship was exciting - a little more than PG 13, which is good for me - but again realistic. I felt for Beau for feeling like Sawyer took Ashton away from him and how she was he wanted. I liked how Ashton could be herself. I think she should have broken it off sooner - but lets be real - then there wouldn't have been a story.

Funniest line ever - I don't my girlfriend to lose her virginity in the back of a truck. I'm not sure if I was supposed to laugh here - but I did.

Sawyer better pull it together for me in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment